Stress You Are Such A Pain In The........

Minimize Stress With These Tips

-Give your time to something or someone that you believe in. I do this with animal rescue and it really does work to alleviate the stress from other parts of my life. There is no better feeling than giving and helping others for the sake of being truly kind and caring.

-Avoid excessive alcohol, caffeine, fats and sugar. Don’t Smoke- No fun I know but.... What you eat and drink really affects your body and by indulging in an unhealthy diet you are really just adding to the stress. I will be the first to admit that when I feel stressed I want diet Pepsi and chocolate so I need to work on this (hard, very hard).

Have an apple instead of a cookie - Another bummer but it works.....this really sounds not very appealing but if it works it is worth a shot.LOL

-Exercise regularly.-Whether you like to walk, do weights, or whatever it may be for you just keep moving . I always feel much better after a great workout at the gym.-Take time for yourself to relax each day.

Meditate, go sit by the water, read your favorite book-Whatever it is for you that relaxes you take even 5-10 minutes a day to do this for yourself. For me there is no place like being near the ocean. It renews me!

-Learn to “let go” of things which are outside of your control. A tough one for me! I obsess over what I cannot control until ,y voice of reason says enough!

Learn to adapt to change-This one is hard for me a lot of the time because I want things to go my way and I keep trying so I need to work on letting it go.

Hopefully you follow at least a few of these and they help with your stress levels. Good luck. Stress is such a pain in the you know where!!

19 comments:

  1. Let's see, I have already cut down on alcohol, caffeine, fats and sugar. You're right, NO FUN! BUT, reducing these things in my life has seemed to have reduced my stress levels or at least made it more managable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. If I could summarize your post it would be one word. BALANCE :)
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips! I'm always trying to reduce stress but not always successful. The learning to let go is the hardest but I'm trying to realize if I can't change something I need to just forget about it. Easier said than done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heidi, it's been a little while since I dropped by, but I'm so glad I visited today. I ate waaaay too much, and my tummy feels like it's carrying a little baby! I have not been stressed, just lazy. Time to watch the portions, heap up on the fruits and veggies, and go running!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All are excellent tips. I especially love sitting by the water. Luckily, there's a body of water nearby and it never fails to relieve my stress each time I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the water has so much therapeutic effect that makes stress go away for me. and yes, love exercising too, as long as it is outdoors :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are nice tips :) and i should definitely follow! haha whew! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. apples instead of cookies are easier to do when you add a little warm caramel as a dip. At least you are still getting the nutrients of the apple!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great tips! I sure needed to hear this. Stress is something that I struggle with all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i sent this post to my husband...really good tips...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. I recently gave up soft drinks after reading an article linking them to pancreatic cancer - yikes! I thought it was going to pretty much kill me, but I got used to drinking lots of water faster than I thought :) Great post as usual!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's inevitable for modern day folks to have stress... even kids are not spared. Great to find that I don't do many of the negative things in your list. :P

    ReplyDelete
  13. I run for my mental health more than my physical. The weights and endless crunches and lunges are for pure vanity reasons, though!

    Nothing will ever convince me to give up coffee. Nothing. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great Tips -- thanks for sharing -- it does take work and commitment but I think in the long run it is worth it, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I always have apples on hand. I really need to exercise more. Thanks for sharing these tips!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great tips! I love sitting near the water. It is so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Off-topic::: that new picture of you is incredible! Can I borrow your photographer? I take the ugliest pix! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the tips...I think stress is definitely the leading cause of ill health these days,meditation and relaxing with a favourite someone helps surely.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A good tip! ... hopefully this week I will not get any stress

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...