Random Musings About Art And Life

I have Found A Treasure And Want To Share It With You!

If you are a regular reader of my blog you know that when I find something that I love I just have to tell everyone. So, when I was fortunate enough to come across Random Musings About Art And Life blog by Janelle I was instantly smitten with her style of writing as well as her beautiful jewelry and homemade soaps. I tried four of her soaps (they are all made with natural ingredients and essential oils!) and loved the way each smelled and made my skin feel. It was hard to decide which w
as my favorite because each had its own unique and lovely fresh scent. Both of my daughters have eczema so I have to be very careful about what I put on their skin but both of them used Janelle's homemade soaps and had no problems. Her soaps leave you smelling fresh and your skin so, so, so soft. Another plus on her products are her prices ( I love a great deal). It is obvious that Janelle puts a lot of time and effort into all of her products and each item is unique in its artistic beauty and scent. Below I would like to share with you some of my favorite items as well as explain briefly the benefits of buying handmade soap.

Janelle wrote this piece and I think it explains a lot-"
There are so many benefits to using handmade soaps that I don't even know where to begin! Handmade soaps come in a variety of colors, flavors, sizes, and of course prices. But they all have a few things in common as well. Handmade soaps are good for your body, good for the environment and good for the economy. Let me tell you why...
For starters, handmade soaps are great for your skin. There are so many fillers in mass produced soaps, that even though they may claim to produce soft skin, have moisturizing content, and even vitamins or other essentials, the truth of the matter is that they can also be full of detergents, chemicals and dyes. Handmade soaps on the other hand, are typically made from a natural glycerin base and have added ingredients such as olive oil, sunflower oil or coco butter, just to name a few. From there, they are scented and dyed from natural dehydrated ingredients that we may find in our own local market. Oranges, strawberries, poppy seeds, brown sugar, oatmeal, honey, mint, lemon, you name it and it may be in your soap, but it's all natural! " Keep in mind that whatever you put on your skin goes directly into your blood stream so you want to choose as natural products as possible when you can.

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things

**Lemongrass and Poppy Seed Soap-"This one would make a great hand soap for the Chef in the kitchen, or a wonderful shower bar after a day of gardening in the sun. Crisp and refreshing with a wonderful Lemongrass fragrance, and added Poppy Seeds for exfoliation. " It would look cute sitting in the kitchen too!!

**Tall Grass . olive oil-"If you love the scent of fresh cut grass in the summer, then you'll love this soap! ♥ Made from a base of olive oil, this soap lathers wonderfully, helps moisturize your skin, and leaves you feeling happy and clean." I absolutely want this! I love the scent of fresh cut grass and it is just so refreshing!

**Create your own . Goddess Soap-" A lovely bar to give as a gift, or to treat yourself!"• Soap Bases available are...
Olive Oil - clear base
Goat's Milk - white base
Cocoa Butter - white base
And you can get them in a large selection of fragrances such as Plumeria (loved this one when I tried it), Georgia Peach, French Vanilla and about 15 more scents. Since we are all Goddesses in one way or another I think we should all have one of these.

All of Janelle's homemade soaps can be found at her Etsy store
MooneysMarket.etsy.com

**Orange Cluster . necklace-
"Sweet silver toned cable chain, with a cluster of orange luster beads and an antiqued key charm... Lobster clasp for closure. " I think this is such a unique and fun piece of jewelry!

**Filigree Medallions-earrings-"Lovely vintage inspired filigree medallions hanging from hypoallergenic, surgical steel kidney wires." I have to have these! I have never seen anything like them. I love earrings and refuse to go anywhere without them.

All of Janelle's unique and handmade jewelry, collage art and other fun accessories can be found at her Etsy store DancingMooney.etsy.com

If you like natural and beautiful things and like to visit blogs with a fun and witty tone please be sure to stop by Random Musings About Art And Life

To check out Janelle's jewelry visit
DancingMooney.etsy.com
To check out Janelle's soaps visit MooneysMarket.etsy.com

26 comments:

  1. hmm i didn't know soap had that many features too it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to check out her site about soaps. I always make my annual purchase from Bath & Body and buy a dozen at a time. Seems to keep our family "soapy" for about a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Namaste...

    Thanks for sharing... I love your site reviews as they are so insightful and rich...

    You are a great asset to this community and all the others in the blogging world you are a member of...

    Your influence and wisdom are always appreciated...

    Michael

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great feature on a wonderful Etsy seller! I, too, agree that her soaps are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heidi,
    Thank you so much for blogging about me, you did such an amazing job!!

    *hugs*
    :D

    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  6. MmmM love the soaps!! Plan to get some as I am such a proponent of natural and beneficial products for our skin. I would love to replace my pump soaps with her natural ones! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for dropping by my blog again. BTW your and your little girl are both "Beautiful Health Nuts!"

    I did not notice if you has links on your sidebar but I am adding you to my links.

    (my link, only if you are interested, http://themomyandmeboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi.. really cool site you have chosen to review.. I did not know that these natural things can be used for making soaps too... thank you for the share..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I grew up with "Ivory - The soap that floats". Irish Spring was high tech for me. I love Olive Oil on a salad I never thought of taking a bath with it. Very interesting stuff. Thanks for the review of this great site. What a generous heart. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I use olive oil on my face at night before I go to bed, not a lot just a dab and it does wonders for my skin...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just ran across Janelle's site today myself, and am interested in the handmade soaps because I also have eczema and know how normal soap can affect the skin. Thanks for posting about her site.
    Chris

    p.s I've tried all the natural remedies for eczema, and have been greatly helped by using coconut oil on my skin and I also cook with it. Just do a search "cococut oil and eczema" and you'll find a lot of information on how it works. I also take colostrum which boosts the immune system and heals "leaky gut" which causes most eczema problems. Just thought I'd pass it along for your daughters, as I know first hand how horrible it can get.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Designs*******

    Glad the Weekend is here Heidi*

    The Grass is Cut + the Patio Vacuumed + it's Time for a Cold Beer or 2 on this Gorgeous Sunny Day!!

    Have a Super Weekend!! ;)) Peace*

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very interesting post. I never even thought of making my own soap. It all makes sense though. I may need to look into this :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. yep, i've seen her through entrecard and i have to admit, i'm amazed with the soaps ;)

    great review heidi. happy weekend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Heidi! I found your blog via my dear friend Janell - Dancing Mooney. She is a true friend and is talented beyond belief. Thank you for writing such a lovely post about her!

    ☼ Rocki

    p.s. Your blog rocks! I'll be visiting here often :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet! I think I may have to try that lemon/poppy seed soap. That sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lemon poppy seed anything

    ReplyDelete
  18. Moonies is the best!

    And, I've recently become a handmade soap convert, oh my goodness, what a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I noticed that you have a new header!!! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  20. wow, cool soaps.... if i can prepare my own soap, then i don't have to buy from body shop anymore... thanks for sharing this article heidi. i'll be checking her site...have a nice day! thanks for all the drops by the way =)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I would EAT the lemongrass and poppy seed-soap......!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. If you're in to soaps I have a friend in Scotland who makes a rare selection too : -

    http://www.carolmcmillansoaps.co.uk/

    Enjoy .

    ReplyDelete
  23. worth reading ur blog.......really

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great feature on Janell. She's a wonderful person, artist, soap maker, shop owner, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love her soaps! They are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, Thanks for sharing your sweet experiences with us, as well as it is very cool to know about the soaps specially homemade ones.....also, thanks for the links too

    Great work...!!

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...