No Brainer Ways To Keep Cancer At Bay

I really try to keep an optimistic outlook on life but every once in awhile you hear a story about someone or you know someone who has had cancer and it is very scary. As I do this blog and find more information on health and diet I am seeing a clearer picture between disease and how what we put in our bodies can either hurt or help us. I found the below information in the mysteriously appearing Good Housekeeping that has my name on it and comes to me in the mail each month but that I did not order. Strange but I like the magazine and glad I'm getting it.

Try These Tips To Keep Cancer Away-Plus You'll Probably Feel Better!


Obesity is a risk factor in six types of cancer. Consuming alcohol, red meat and processed meats like ham, sausage and bacon also raises your odds, while eating more fruits and non-starchy vegetables and getting more exercise lower your risk. Apparently these findings are noteworthy because a team of international experts spent five years reviewing all the evidence.

1.) Eat vegetables like baby carrots, a refreshing leafy green salad with some broccoli, tomatoes or cauliflower thrown in, red pepper slices and snap peas instead of eating chips, zebra cakes, and other fun yet not so healthy snacks.

2.) Eat more fruit- freeze grapes, make fruit salsa, warm up an apple with cinnamon and a bit of sugar. Add some berries to your diet-The anthocyanosides in blueberries are currently the most powerful antioxidants known to scientists and are beneficial in the prevention of all types of cancer.

3.) Have a nice relaxing cup of Green tea-Green tea is a rich source of a class of flavonoids known as catechins. Studies have shown that the catechins present in green tea are able to slow or prevent the development of cancer in colon, liver, breast, and prostate cells.

4.) Have whole grains whenever possible-Whole grains contain a variety of anti-cancer compounds, including fiber, antioxidants, and phytoestrogens. When eaten as part of a balanced diet, whole grains can help decrease the risk of developing most types of cancer. More here.

5.)Don't count on vitamin supplements to protect you against cancer; in some cases, they may even increase your risk. Visit http://www.howsafeisyourvitamin.com/ for a free report on what really is in vitamins.
-
6.) Don't Smoke- "The single most important agent that has been unequivocally linked to cancer is cigarette smoking." It is very ,very compelling:lung cancer, cancer of the throat, tongue,bladder,stomach and lips. I want to thank Mcneri who is an authoritative blogger and also an MD for reminding me of this.

Once again many of the same foods keep recurring for good health, burning fat, helping you sleep, and now fighting diseases. Thanks for stopping by.

Best,

Heidi

6 comments:

  1. Loved the article. I do most of these, but I've got to cut down on the processed meat. I've stumbled this. Great Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Great information once again. My grandma died of cancer. It is a terrible disease to get. I worry about getting it also. I will use some of the tips you have here. The information on the vitamins was helpful to know. Sometimes you just don't know who to trust anymore. If this stuff is unsafe, I wish they would take it off the store shelves. Just like the cigarettes, it's all about money I think. As long as these companies keep making sales, they will continue to sell unsafe products to us consumers. Pretty Sad World, Just my opinion. Keep up the great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. With my mother having had cancer when I was 10, I've always been conscious of the risks yet still I've not been a great fruit/veg eater although I did revert more to white meats than red.
    I also stopped smoking 18 years or so ago.
    Thanks for the prompt. I hope to be around with the wife and kids for many more years.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cigarrettes! It is all about money, playing on ignorance of the people. It is just like the government licensing rat poison to be sold in milk shake and pretending it is well. Many people are ignorant, that is why.Sad wicked world of criminal policy makers, business moguls and politicians.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The processed meat is pretty bad from what I hear and the cigarettes are awful too. I agree with Mcneri on the politics of money being more important than health alot of times which is why we have to take it upon ourselves to educate ourselves. You don't want to get me started on all the things that I am starting to see as far as money over health. I will do a post on it sometime. Thanks to all of you for your comments!heidi

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...and last but not least; sports! and use your feet instead of elevators :)

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...