Diet Soda Alternative Zevia With Stevia Tastes Great & A Fun Organic & Healthy Recipe Contest

If you read my blog you may remember that I gave up diet sodas because of all the artificial sweeteners and how bad they are for your health. I began drinking iced tea sweetened with Stevia (Unlike artificial alternatives which contain acetic acid, formaldehyde, chloride, and other un-pronouncables Stevia is a healthy fat free, non caloric, 100% naturally sweet plant with a zero glycemic index that is 30 times sweeter than sugar). I actually like the tea and water that I drink but still missed the carbonation or something because once in awhile I really wanted. a Diet Pepsi ( I hate to admit it but I did). Then along came Zevia the natural alternative to diet sodas. I am very particular about my diet drinks and was not sure how Zevia would stack up. I am so excited to say that I tried all 4 Zevia flavors (cola, lemon lime, orange and root beer) and am over the moon! I love it and cannot wait to get more (keep in mind that I am not affiliated with Zevia or receive any compensation to tell you about it-just love to share the things that I like). I kept looking at the can to make sure that Zevia really had no sugar, no artificial sweetners, no calories, no carbohydrates, no sodium, and no fat. It tasted to good to be true I kept telling myself (again my suspicious nature was trying to fight with me on this) . It is true though, my kids even love the root beer, orange and lemon lime (I'm the cola woman because it has 45mg caffeine which I love). I even had my neighbor and friend over and did a taste test to see if they could tell which was Zevia and which was the popular diet soda. They could not tell the difference (they did however think I was crazy for making them take a taste test-but it was fun). Zevia is a hit and I highly recommend any diet soda lover to try it (and tell me what you think). Zevia still has a special right now where you can receive a FREE six pack and just pay shipping and handling. It is available in some stores but not in my area yet so if you need to you can order it at http://www.zevia.com/. Below is a little information from the Zevia site but you may want to go there to check it out more.

"ZEVIA® is a stevia supplement. It is the world's only all natural sugar free alternative to diet soda. It contains no artificial sugar substitutes - no aspartame (Nutrasweet®), no sucralose (Splenda®), and no saccharin (Sweet 'N Low®). ZEVIA® contains only natural ingredients and comes in three all natural flavors: ZEVIA® Natural Cola, ZEVIA® Natural Orange and ZEVIA® Natural Twist (lemon-lime).

What makes ZEVIA® the world's only all natural sugar free alternative to diet soda?
The ingredients. ZEVIA® contains none of the chemically processed artificial sugar substitutes found in diet sodas. Diet sodas also contain artificial flavors and colors. ZEVIA® does not. With great effort, expense, and painstaking care, Zevia LLC found the healthiest, all natural ingredients available. Many "natural" sodas contain sugar which means calories. Diet sodas are usually sweetened with processed artificial sweeteners which means chemicals. ZEVIA® is the world's only all natural sugar free alternative to diet soda. "
-
Healthy and Organic Recipe Contest at Mambo Sprouts
Now onto a great recipe contest I wanted to tell you all about. Annie from http://www.mambosprouts.com/ let me know that they are having an organic and healthy recipe contest. They are giving away great prizes like a year's supply of products or gift certificates to your favorite natural food stores. They are looking for original recipes in four different categories, each utilizing different sponsored products. Wouldn't it be great to win? I think that the last thing I won was a milk shake maker playing bingo in 3rd grade at the community center (seriously). Anyway, if you are interested in participating check it out here and if you win be sure to let me know. Also, if you do decide to participate I would love to post some of your recipes (now that I am cooking and have tossed the microwave that blew up) as I need some quick, easy, and healthy recipes to try.

Heidi

P.S. Don't forget that the Whole Food Nation free trade away program is going on-you trade your multi-vitamins and get to try one months worth of their whole food supplements on the house. No sales tricks, no hounding you. I lost weight and have an amazing amount of energy since taking them. They are FREE! I love Free! Just email me and I 'll let you know where to send your multi-vitamins.

8 comments:

  1. Heidi I wanted to share this info about stevia from Natural News.

    The best one(sugar sub) to use is Stevia (Stevia rebaudiana) from the Asteraceae family, which was rediscovered by Dr. M. S. Bertoni in 1888. Stevia is a herb that has been used as a sweetener in South America for hundreds of years. It is calorie-free, which means it has no effect on our bodies’ production of insulin. Stevia, in its powdered concentrate, is 300 times sweeter than sugar, so only tiny amounts are needed for sweetening. Stevia is widely used all over the world. In Japan, for example, it claims 41% of the sweetener market, including sugar, and was used in Japanese Diet Coke until the company replaced it with aspartame (to "standardize" worldwide).

    There have not been any reports of toxicity with stevia, which is consumed by millions of people daily.

    Here's the full story.
    http://www.naturalnews.com/022692.html

    Happy Friday
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad is always telling me the benefits of Stevia. Zevia sounds like something I might like especially if they got root beer. I love root beer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I stick to water - plain, fresh water

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    Thanks for sharing this information with us. I will go check it out. :-) Take care, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Zevia now has Ginger Root Beer and it is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just ordered some Zevia. I am very excited to try it. I have used stevia in my oatmeal for years now. It is very delicious with milk, strawberries, blueberries and bananas. I use it in my tea and coffee and a few other things too. Still, I would love to have a soda as a treat once in a while but will not drink the chemical diet drinks or the sugar laden regular sodas. Can't wait to get my trial pack! http://www.DiabeticDiscounters.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well I tried the Zevia. It was good. I actually liked the Cola the best. The others tasted very much like any other diet soft drink. I don't mind that taste personally, but I always hated the idea of ingesting the chemicals. With Zevia you can get a soda that basically tastes like other diet sodas but without the chemicals. It was intersting. I'd buy it if it were easier to get in my area. I ordered their trial 6 pack and it was delivered very quickly. http://www.DiabeticDiscounters.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good post.
    Have you considered a detox?
    Many don't realize how beneficial a good detox diet can be. We tend to concentrate on weight loss first. But a good detox diet will boost the metabolism, clean the system and help the body to perform better - this means future weight loss will be easier to achieve.
    My best is the lemon juice maple syrup diet. It's tough but worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...