Allergies, Allergies Go Away! Here Are Some Natural Remedies To Help Today!

Sniff, sneeze, sniffle-yes, I am talking about those allergies that make your life miserable. According to the National Health and Nutrition Examination survey,more than 20% of the U.S. population suffers from some form of allergy (I personally get the hideous teary, puffy eye look when mine hit). Seasonal allergy symptoms are a natural reaction , the result of an overreaction by the immune system.

If you are looking for relief from seasonal allergies, natural remedies are a great place to start. They are generally less harsh on the system than conventional drugs and they do more than just cover up your symptoms. Nutritional strategies, Herbs and homeopathic remedies are all wonderful ways to get your allergies on the right track..


NUTRITIONAL STRATEGIES **Research shows that there is a DEFINITE LINK BETWEEN ALLERGIES AND DIET. When we become deficient in certain nutrients and binge on highly processed ingredients and sugar our allergy symptoms can worsen. Frequent use of antibiotics can also have a negative effect on allergies.

**PROBIOTICS-Like L. acidophilus and Bifidobacterium can help with some symptoms. Probiotic supplements provide billions of live organisms per capsule and they are beneficial forms of bacteria that support healthy immune function. They can also be found in yogurt, fermented foods and some probiotic fortified foods. I take a whole food supplement that has prebiotics and probiotics so I don't have to worry about finding it anywhere else.

**VITAMIN C-regulates the release of histamine. Can be found in citrus fruits, peppers, watermelon and dark leafy greens.

**VITAMIN E-is associated with lessening the risk of hay fever. Wheat germ, whole grains, nuts, seeds,eggs and dark leafy vegetables are a few sources.

**GRAPE SEED EXTRACT-rich in antioxidants, may support a healthy inflammation response in the body

**OMEGA-3 ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS-important for many functions in the body, including a healthy inflammation response. Fish, flaxseed, walnuts and dark leafy greens. I personally take flaxseed oil. Not the best tasting but you do what you gotta do. HERBS THAT MAY HELP YOUR ALLERGIES

**BUTTERBUR-has been shown to support healthy membranes, and some studies have shown it to be helpful in decreasing the body's production of histamines and leukotrienes. Research indicates it works as well as many common conventional choices.

**EYEBRIGHT-Used for eye infections and respiratory conditions. Helps soothe flamed membranes.

**STINGING NETTLE-Considered to be one of the best herbs to calm allergy symptoms )works great when paired with eyebright)

**ECHINACEA, GARLIC, CHAMOMILE, YARROW, AND LICORICE ROOT-These all support the respiratory and immune systems , and help sinus function. HOMEOPATHIC REMEDIES Homeopathic medicines come in many forms, including nasal and throat sprays,eyedrops and tablets that dissolve. For a variety of allergy symptoms, homeopathic formulas with a combination of ingredients often work best. They are clinically tested and work by exposing the body to a highly diluted dose of an allergen which helps the immune system.

**NASAL CONGESTION-Recommended homeopathic remedy is Sabadilla.

**WATERY EYES, SNEEZING, RUNNY NOSE- Recommended homeopathic remedy is Galphimia glauca.

**SINUS CONGESTION AND PRESSURE, DRYNESS-Recommended homeopathic remedy is Kali bichromium.

**RUNNY NOSE, SNEEZING AND SORE THROAT-Recommended homeopathic remedy is Sabadilla.

**VARIETY OF EYE SYMPTOMS-Recommended homeopathic remedy is Euphrasia offinalis

**LARGE VARIETY OF SYMPTOMS-Recommended homeopathic remedy is Histaminum hydrochloricum.

reference Whole Foods market March/April 2008

Now, to be honest with you (keep in mind I am a wanna be health nut and not a full fledged health nut-YET) I would have thought that I would have had no idea what to do or where to get any of these remedies because the names are so foreign to me. However, I went to my local health market and it was not difficult at all to find these items. If I can do it with two wild children running around screaming and me barely able to focus all you wanna be health nuts can too. As for you full fledged health nuts I am sure you probably have got it down. I really embrace trying natural remedies as they are easier on your system and have less side effects.

P.S. To all my wonderful entrecard droppers, readers and commentors just want to let you know that I may be scarce the next few days so if I am not responding and dropping just know that I will make up for it as soon as I can. Have I mentioned how great it is to have you wonderful blog friends and readers!!!!

24 comments:

  1. Thanks Heidi. As always, this is good info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting and informative post Heidi...I have sinus and allergy issues which have gotten worse in the last few years. I was using a nasal spray for about a year but stopped as it was drying out my nasal passages...not a good thing!

    I'm going to try a few of your suggested remedies...this is a very helpful list, which I'm going to print out and keep handy...thank you!!!

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks again for this very helpful info, Heidi. I should look for Sabadilla in the local health market, as I suffer from allergies that can be helped by Sabadilla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great list. I had no idea that there were so many natural remedies for such a variety of allergy symptoms. I haven't had allergies in years, but moving to California seems to have brought them back. I will refer to this list often. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fortunately I don't have allergies but as I sit here and listen to my husband sniffle from his allergies, I will certainly take note of this post. Thank you for the info Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi:

    I don't how you come up with all of these posts, but they're interestng and informative. My Queen and I have checked out several of these suggestions, so thenks for giving us some more homework.

    Happy trails.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting ideas, but the shopping would be a little too labor intensive for me. I have tried using a Netti pot (nasal lavage) and while it takes some getting used too, its very effective.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't have any allergies but I'll pass this list to any friends who need it.
    I take lots of Vit C though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't forget Neil Med Sinus Rinses (or NetiPot) - they have brought me much relief ever since I started using them! And a lot fewer colds, sinus infections resulting from allergies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for this tips, Heidi. This is very helpful. Both my husband and I are sneezing a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete
  11. good thing that i don't easily infected by even natural allergy. It is a good thing to have this information for my awareness!:) Enjoy your holiday..looking forward to hear another information!:) Have a great day!:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't suffer from any allergies, thank God! Anyway, thanks for this valuable info! : )

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lol as a kid I was allergic to over 100 different things. I grew out of most of them. Good info as always thanks heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I don't get allergies, and thank God for that, but I will keep this info in mind and pass it on to my friends that do suffer from those things.
    Poor babies! I always feel sorry for them when they go through the various symptoms that pop up.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Besides using different remedies, you can also keep yourself away from nagging allergy symptoms bringing some easy environmental modifications. For instance, you should wash your beddings regularly with hot water. Using clean mattresses and pillow covers will also let you get relief to some extend. You can check the allergy level of your locality before you go out from your home. Several websites like http://aafter.com/ provide such services. You can check them out for instant allergy alerts.

    Regards,
    SharonHill

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, Heidi, I suffer from seasonal allergies, especially right now. I live by an open field and am getting killed right now, but this post is loaded with wonderful natural remedies. I take stinging nettle every day and even found it in teabags. It works, too.

    peace,
    mike
    livelife365

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, you are quite well informed, about health and medicine! Informative post, alongside the others on this blog! Have a great restful, next few days. See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is all great information as usual. I have been using nutritional supplements and herbal remedies more and more lately instead of just drugs and some them really work. Hope all is well! It is great having having friends through blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank God I don't get allergies too.

    But some of mine friends do, I know how bad that is.

    Your post is so helpful, Heidi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wishing you a great weekend, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Heidi, I just want to say that I was here again...
    Have a blessed Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Heidi - England is having a mini heatwave which started on Saturday - we have had a light breeze with it so the pollen appears to be high. This has been helped along with my son knocking over the pepper pot onto the floor. What with pepper and pollen it's a wonder that I didnt take of ... atishoo!!
    Your post is especially useful to me as I am currently suffering an eye condition with which all of the doctors drops haven't helped so I am inclined to try some of your recommendations.
    We have had many news items lately - one referring to type 1 diabetes in young children which has been dramatically increasing (one theory being cows milk being given whilst the child is too young). The other is something called lymes disease which is caught off ticks - this is also apparently increasing.

    On another note - one thing that I have found quite useful with hay fever type symptoms is turmeric tablets ... also useful for arthritic type pains apparently.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Another great tip! I find OMEGA-3 ESSENTIAL FATTY ACIDS very good and take them all the time. Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...