It seems like I am always looking for a new way to stay slim and healthy and I am not quite sure why this is because really there is no magic solution. As the ten easy to follow rules for weight loss show we just need to stick to the basics and we will be alright.
By following the 10 rules below obese adults who were given a pamphlet with these 10 basic rules were motivated enough to lose 4 pounds in 8 weeks. By following them all you could take off up to 900 calories a day-which is about 15 pounds over an 8 week period. Really not too tough to do and simple to follow.
10 Easy To Follow Rules For Weight Loss
1. Choose low fat foods.
2. Pack healthy snacks-think fruit, veggies, organic cheese sticks, nuts instead of chips, or candy bars.
3. Stand for 10 minutes every hour-it keeps your metabolism going
4. Eat at least 5 servings of fruits and veggies daily
5. Eat small to moderate portions and skip seconds.
6. Check the fat and sugar content on lables-remember that even things like ketchup and pasta can be packed with sugar so you want to really keep your eyes open.
7. Avoid high caloric and sugary drinks-They may taste great but moderation is the key here if you must have them.
8. Eat your meals on a regular schedule-I know this can be tough sometimes on a busy schedule but try your best and keep healthy low-fat snacks with you when you may have to skip a meal. I try to eat lots of small meals each day and this keeps me from getting too hungry.
9. Wear a pedometer and walk 10,000 steps a day. Hmmmm-I have not tried this one but probably should. I always wondered how much I really walk in a day.
10. Turn off the television while you eat. I can see how this would help as it is easy to sit and watch tv while eating comfort food. It diverts your attention from how much you are actually eating.
Ref-Prevention magazine 2008-my new fave.
These really are simple and easy to follow and basic rules to help you take or keep the weight off.
P.S. I am way, way behind on my entrecard drops and commenting but hope to get caught up over the holiday weekend so please know I will get going on this. Also, to all of you who celebrate Thanksgiving-Happy Thanksgiving (We make a Tofurkey).
La Jolla Before the Storm
3 months ago