Take A Bite Out Of Aging With These Tasty Snacks

A lot of my friends do various anti-aging treatments-plastic surgery, botox, expensive creams but I think that I have found an easier, less painful, healthier way to fight those dreaded wrinkles. Snacks! Nutrition is the key to beauty inside and out and the below snacks will not only make you healthier but fight aging as well.



Give These Treats A Try To Help You Age Gracefully

**Watermelon, Sweet Potatoes, Carrots
- These foods are rich in Beta Carotene. An eight year study by the French (consisting of 535 adulst ages 20-44) found that, "those with the highest blood levels of beta-carotene retained 30 percent more lung function than those with the lowest—enough to counteract the effects of about four months of aging and exposure to damaging substances in the air, explains Norman H. Edelman, M.D., chief medical officer of the American Lung Association".More here.

**Nuts-These are my personal favorite so I am glad to hear that they can help with anti-aging. I live on nuts to keep me feeling full (one of my top weight loss secrets-I don't know why I call it a secret, it's not really but I always like the way the word secret sounds). By adding nuts (Walnuts are especially good-plus they are packed full of omega 3 fatty acids) in our daily nutrition can enhance the functioning of your digestive and immune systems, improve your skin and help control and prevent some types of cancer. Nuts have also been known to lower high levels of cholesterol.

**Avocado-Avocados contain glutathione a major antioxidant nutrient.Glutathione regulates immune cells,can help protect against cancer, and help you to detoxify. Avocados also contain L-cysteine which which helps protect your body from the harmful effects of pollution, chemicals, radiation, alcohol, and smoke. L-cysteine may also help boost immunity, protect you from heart disease, and build muscle. It is also useful for combating inflammation and encouraging healthy hair and nail growth. More here.

**Apricots-This delightful fruit (one of my favorites) contains Carotenoids which makes it so special. Carotenoids are antioxidants that work to prevent heart disease, protect against certain types of cancers and have been shown to reduce bad cholesterol levels. Inhabitants of the Himalayas and in Chinese medicine apricots are used to assist in detoxifying, preventing dehydration and regenerating body fluids.

**Berries-All black and blue berries such as blackberries, blueberries, blackcurrants and black grapes contain phytochemicals known as flavonoids-powerful which help to protect the body against damage caused by free radicals and aging.

**Cherries- "Contain beneficial anthocyanin compounds, which stimulate your pancreas to produce insulin. Chinese researchers have observed that cherries help keep diabetics healthy. These compounds also protect you against cancer, arthritis, and heart disease because they lower cholesterol"-From Dr.Mao's Secrets Of Longevity.

The above snacks are a great way to keep you healthy and looking younger. It is great to snack because eating 5-6 small meals a day can keep you from overeating as you may not feel as hungry. This is something that I love to do so that I don't go overboard and eat too much of what I don't really need (plus then you end up feeling miserable that you ate so much). I have also heard that this keeps your metabolism going, so you're more likely to lose weight.

Next time you want a snack why not reach out for one of these!

Random Ramblings has a great post called Eternal Youth that talks about how to be as youthful as possible. If you enjoyed this article and are serious about anti-aging then I suggest you pop over and visit Random Ramblings for some great aging information!

19 comments:

  1. I think that I have been a disciple of yours for years without even knowing it. Every post in the recent past that you have mentioned foods that are good for this or that are foods that I honestly love eating. (I say past because I have not always eaten that healthy. My teen years were a health disgrace.) Thanks again for the information. I try to eat healthy and your posts tell me why the things I eat are good for me. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is so great about the list is they are all my favorites and I buy them whenever available. Just wish I could get more berries here and that they didn't cost the earth when I can.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love all these foods, although berries are not always available here. great info once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all of these! I make a very yummy guacamole with fresh avocados and cilantro that is to die for! And cherries, in season, are as good as any treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are great snacks for summertime. I love having fruit when it's hot outside.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are some great suggestions for snacks. Nuts are a favorite of mine. And some days I just have a bowl of watermelon slices instead of a big lunch. It fills me up and sticks with me. I've read a lot of good things about it nutrionally. And I'll be checking out some of these others too. Great site you have
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the food you mentioned. I just need to go to the store to buy them. Your posts are very informative. Very helpful reminders to folks like myself who don't put precedence to taking care of our bodies.

    Thanks again for your interest in my novel. You and the other readers have inspired me to work on it again after having put it in the back burner for so long. Thanks a million.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love most of those foods. Sweet I'm going to turn back into 21 just around the corner lol.Thanks for the info Heidi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you couldn't tell I am catching up on a weeks worth of missed reading! :) Another great post and like David I identify with all of these posts.

    And now that I have read all of these great posts I realize the this last week that I have been going out of my mind with work I have neglected to fill the fridge. This is great to read before shopping, I know all the items I need. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have such good,common sense tips and advice about nutrition!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post and such great yummy foods! No problem reaching for these!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I eat most of these foods as well, never thought about the anti-aging properties. Thanks for the great info Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, I love all of them, and eat most of them. I never would have thought they had an anti aging characteristic.

    PS. Thanks for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice list! thanks for the research.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love all of these foods especially when they are in season, two of my all time favorites are strawberries
    (which I'm growing in the backyard garden, and love to eat if I could ever get to them before the birds)

    and almonds....a darn shame what the almond board has done against the raw almond production

    ReplyDelete
  16. There you go again making me hungry!!!!! looks good though! What is your favorite food? Last meal of your life kind of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  17. I eat all of them and love them to bits. Especially avocado, one of the best beauty fruits that nature has to offer. I eat them and use them as facial masks too. Works wonders :) Keep up the interesting posts, Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love nuts too. The problem is that once I start eating them it is sooo hard to stop :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I eat mostly all the recommendations on your list except for the apricots. I was eating them because they taste good but now I know why they are good for me. Thanks for sharing.

    Erica

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...