WEIGHT LOSS TIPS FROM A SELF CONFESSED DIET FREAK PT. 2

Now, I am sure you have been racing wildly back and forth just waiting for me to post part 2 of my diet tips (just kidding). I am going to get to them but first I want to say thank you to all of you who left comments because not only did you make my day but I realized there are a lot of us out there who do the nut thing to help control weight! I really thought I was on to something with the NUT DIET and had visions of the all the fame and happiness the nut diet book, the nut diet movie, the nut diet brand nuts, and an appearance on the Oprah show would bring. But, it is not to be as it seems the nut diet secret really is no secret so I will have to content myself with just watching the Oprah show (if the kids will let me) instead of being on it-C'est la vie. Alright, lets get down to diet business-drum roll please!

**EAT FAT BURNING FOODS-Here are some that will help you burn off that booty (or stomach in my case)-
*****CITRUS FRUITS-Citrus fruits like, oranges, grapefruit, tangerines, lemons, and limes contain high concentrations of Vitamin C (this is also called ascorbic acid). This Vitamin C has a fat burning quality. Vitamin C reduces the effectiveness of fat. It reduces its content and can liquefy or dilute fat. By diluting the fat, it makes it less effective, and easier to flush out of your system. Vitamin C also works on cholesterol deposits. Vitamin C can help burn out the cholesterol, hence, making it difficult for cholesterol deposits to form in blood vessels.
By adding Citrus Fruits to your daily diet, try every meal and also a snack, you will great increase your metabolism, increase your ability to get rid of fat, and also help you to control your cholesterol levels.
*******GARLIC-Garlic is one of the most effective fat burning foods.It contains the compound allicin which has anti bacterial effects and helps reduce cholesterol and unhealthy fats. The juice of garlic or the oil of garlic catalyses the action of getting rid of body fat.
*******CARROTS-Adding a carrot to the beginning of every meal is a very effective way to lose weight. Why do you ask? The carrot leaves no room in the stomach for the dessert. When using this trick you should been able to lose about a pound in one week. I have not personally tried this but I will and let you know if you are interested.
*******SPICY FOODS (RED CHILE PEPPERS)-When we eat foods that are really spicy, we tend to eat less. Some studies suggest that appetite suppression is due to capsaicin, a chemical found in many spicy foods. The capsaicin present in peppers induces the body to produce more stress hormones which in turn revs the metabolic rate burning more calories in the process.
********APPLES-Apple is quite difficult to digest therefore making it a great food to burn off calories. Your body will work hard to digest the apple and with only 81 calories in a standard apple you will be in those new jeans in no time.
********OATMEAL-Oatmeal will fill you up, stick to your ribs and give your body a much needed dose of fiber. Just stay away from the flavored instant oatmeal that is usually loaded with sugar (it sure tastes good, I know). Buy the tub of Quaker Oats (it is much cheaper than packaged instant oatmeal) and try adding a fresh, chopped apple, some cinnamon and a bit of Stevia (similar to Splenda but I like its natural properties better) to it.



**BRUSH YOUR TEETH AS SOON AS YOUR DONE WITH YOUR PORTIONS. It’s a psychological thing. The mint reminds you food is done, teeth are clean, and it reduces the want to snack or go back for seconds. When I first heard this I thought uh,uh but you know my teeth are much cleaner and it really works for me.

**WHOLE FOOD MULTI'S-I take Whole food multi supplements everyday (in case you have not heard of them they are fruits, veggies, spices and herbs in a capsule-you get the benefits of all the foods put in the supplement. Think of taking broccoli and putting it in a powder form in a capsule). The ones I take have natural metabolic boosters in them that naturally speed up my metabolism and I get the health benefits of the fruits and veggies. They also give me energy to keep going . On days when I eat too much I just take a couple extra and that helps balance me out.


**NUTS-Okay, if you read my blog on a somewhat consistent basis you knew I was going to say it again. Nuts, nuts and more nuts. Nuts are truly my #1 diet secret. Without them I would never feel full or satisfied and would give up and eat everything in sight. Willpower is not my strong point but with those nuts I can do it. Crazy I know but hey, it works for me!

Again, much to my mother's dismay I am not a doctor, nutritionist or anything of the sort but have been obsessed with weight always so I hope this helps you. Also, I recommend speaking with your doctor before starting a weight loss program.

Heidi

P.S. Please join me in the next day or two to help me with my Diet Pepsi breakup. I am ending my 20 year love affair with Diet Pepsi and it isn't going to be easy (been down this road before but Diet Pepsi and I cannot seem to make a real break). I'm almost forty so I can do this, right?

12 comments:

  1. that picture is so FUNNY! :) Yes, definately you can do it. I've been addicted to pepsi too. It's really hard the first week but the addiction will lessen over time. I bought a soda maker so I could make my own soda water, just to substitute that carbonate taste from pepsi. So it'll be like a pepsi but without the sugar substitute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, good stuff! I see I'm going to have to come back often!
    Thanks again for coming by my spot!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been meaing to try Quaker Oats - i used to eat it years ago when i was on a diet Health kick but gave it up for Bacon n Eggs!! ;))

    Good Luck on the Pepsi - I drink way too much Diet Dew + Diet Orange Crush*

    ;)) Peace*

    ReplyDelete
  4. love our body with a balance nutrition, good article

    ReplyDelete
  5. the point is love our bodies by consumption balance nutrition

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tips! I love snacking on carrot sticks and nuts too. I agree with you on the toothpaste tip too - but I'm still working on remembering to put it into action!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with your soda "jones." I hate soda. I used to drink alot of it when I was pregnant, but now I cant stand it. Its too sweet with no nutritional value.

    I switched to Beer. Now I'm raging alcoholic.

    You have some good tips. Thanks

    COMEDYSECRETS.BLOGSPOT.COM

    comedysecrets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great blog you have! I eat oatmeal almost every morning for breakfast and totally agree that it fills you up. My problem is later in the day! I am going to try the carrot tip and also am trying to wean myself from all diet sodas in general. So know that I am with you on that one!

    I'm glad I found your site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post - I look forward to getting the chance to read more.

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog, too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, Yes, I want to reduce my weight, I am going to follow your tips here, Let's see. I hope it will work and I will lose my weight. oh ya, Thanks a lot for the tips

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great tip about brushing your teeth and having a mint after every meal. I started doing this lately and have noticed that if I do want to go back for seconds, the fact that I would have to go through brushing my teeth again before bed helps me to stay at healthy portions.

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for your article. i want ask more complete about the best tools or equipment for us to control our diet especially blood pressure. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...