Momma Mia! Happy Mother's Day!

It’s not always easy being a mom-like when you realize the kids have been quiet far too long and you discover pizza in the fish tank or shaving cream all over the desk and chairs… “art” the kids called it. And then there are the times when they don’t feel well and vomit all over the buggy, produce guy and produce department in Target and then the other one starts gagging and vomiting because she is grossed out at the first ones vomit and both are crying and screaming and you are standing there covered in vomit trying to console everyone. Oh and the guilt that you are never doing exactly as the books say a good mom should do and the fear you are somehow traumatizing them and dooming them forever because you don’t do just as they want and give them every single thing they ask for when they ask for it.


But…… the love, love, love when you come home after a long day and they run to you and say “yeahhhh Mommy’s home” or when you see them accomplish something with pride in their eyes or when they give you that sweet little kiss goodnight and they tell you that they love you. Somehow these moments make the vomit, pizza, shaving cream debacles fade into meaningless things. It’s never perfect but it is as close as perfect can be for me.

I just wanted to say Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms, grandma’s, dad’s who are both moms and dads and to all the mom’s whose babies are their cats, dogs or other animals!!!

 Happy Mother’s Day!!






I saw this quote the other day and thought it was funny………


“If being a mother were easy then father’s would do it”. Golden Girls


All in good fun. Lol

My girls!!! My loves!

5 comments:

  1. I love the post. Great photos. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such sweet photos! Happy Mother's Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy Mother's day Heidi, your quote in the end brought smile and laughter, hit it bulls eye!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yey for that quote!

    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! A LIL LATE THOUGH...

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVED this post! it's SO true, too! :) As I was reading through your blog & admiring your adorable daughters, I wanted so badly to invite you to this "Moms Living Fit & Fabulous" Breakfast in Dallas tomorrow (http://dallasmombreakfast.eventbrite.com/), but I couldn't find a way to contact you privately via email. SO... Please pardon me for inviting you through this comment. I just really think you'd LOVE the event and we'd just ADORE having you there & getting to meet you in person!!! MUCH love to you!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...