Bikini Body Booty Busting! Oh No Here We Go Again-What Is Your Plan??

Kick it!  It's Swimsuit season again!


I have been running and running lately to get ready for the bikini/swimsuit fiasco season that I will have to endure shortly. I decided that this year I am going to be in the best shape of my life so I have really started taking steps to make that happen even more so than I ever have. In my fantasy life I can sit on the couch and eat chocolate, Cheetos and have diet cokes and chocolate martinis and be perfectly toned and thin. Unfortunately this is reality so my booty is hitting the gym hard and eating all the things to get me healthy and trim. I started a 24 day challenge today at the fitness center and it is tough! I am going to have to be very disciplined and stick to this diet and keep up my exercising. I will give more details as I go on but what I am doing now is running 5-6 miles every morning before taking the kids to school and going to work, then in the evenings I run another 5-6 miles. I try to do at least 4 days of running 10 miles per day (and my circuit weights) and then I rest one day, and the other two days I do about 6-7 miles as well as yoga on Monday and Wednesday of every week.

As far as my eating habits go I can assure you that sadly enough Cheetos and chocolate, diet Coke and Martinis are a no, no, no! Instead I am sticking to lots of fruits (lots of berries) and vegetables, oatmeal, healthy fats such as avocados, olives, nuts and clean complex carbs such as rice and hummus. I am a vegetarian so this is a little tough on getting everything in but my trainer said if I eat eggs (which I despise bc of the childhood vomit/boat issue but that’s another story)-but will do) I should be able to meet my goal soon. I can tell since I have been doing the 40-55 miles of running per week that my legs are getting very toned and stronger so that is a plus! Now if my booty and belly will just do what I want them to as well I will finally be content.

I will give more information as I am going on this 24 days challenge. I am committed to sticking to it but may be CRANKY without my diet Coke and chocolate. It doesn’t help that people are so nice (you know who you are) that they keep giving me chocolate to make the day go by. Wish me luck and I will let you know the hurdles as well as what can make something like this easier for you.

Heidi

P.S. My cat Horatio has been missing for 3 days now and I have walked the neighborhood everyday crying and calling for him. He is a little 3 legged cat I rescued about 12 years ago and I am just a sad mess without him.  He has been my companion and a source of great joy in my life and now he is gone:(  He doesn’t generally go outside or wander off and comes when called so if you think of it please send positive thoughts that my Horatio will return home. I have put up flyers and called shelters. I appreciate any good energy my way. I miss my little Horatio Hornblower:(

 “The smallest feline is a masterpiece” Leonardo da Vinci

4 comments:

  1. oh, you are so cool, i thought i was exercising a lot, but when i read your routine, i realized i am not. i may do 15-16 miles on weekends, but weekdays, i only do 3 miles :( i should step up to be fitter :)

    and i do not say no to chocolates yet :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you motivated me to actually workout on the elliptical tonight although I really don't wanna!

    We're purring that Horatio comes home. It makes us sad that he's gone too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, you amaze me. It's so hard to believe that someone who's otherwise addicted to bad foods, is at all times ready to show a burst of willpower and kick out the fat. Very inspirational. Definitely enough to get me to do crunches again tonight!

    And about Horatio, please be patient and warm. I have a feeling he's going to reappear very soon and pretend like nothing ever happened. Have faith. :)

    Cheers from India,
    Sudeep

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to live in your fantasy world too! I've been watching what I eat and working in the yard plus doing some exercise in the basement and have lost 14 pounds so far. However at my age, bikinis are the thing of the past I'm afraid - I wouldn 't want to scare anyone. You're doing great so keep it up.

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...