The Secret Is Easy: Eat, Drink And Be Merry! How Our Physical Health Affects The Spirit

I am so excited to share this post with you!!! My good friend Steffany Barton, a professional psychic medium, was generous enough to write an article on how what we eat affects our spirit in so many ways. I met Steffany several years ago when our daughters took some art and play classes together. I have been fortunate enough to have been able to take a few of her classes and had a couple readings myself (her classes always fill up quickly and she has a waiting list for her readings). I was amazed at what I have learned and the peace that she has helped me find in my life. Steffany has a gift that she willingly shares and knowledge that can help all of us find peace and happiness in our day to day lives. Read on and you will be amazed at what nutrition has to do with your spirit!!

The secret is easy: eat, drink, and be merry! by Steffany Barton
-
Through my work as a professional psychic medium, I see the human spirit in a unique way. We are so much more than the physical body that often becomes the focus of our identity. And yet, our physical health directly affects the spirit.
-

I receive many questions about intuition, angels, past lives, and heaven. Yet the most common query I receive goes something like this
-
“I really want to see and hear my angels. How can I improve my intuition?”
-
You can spend a lot of money on candles, chants, charms, courses, and clearing, but I have great news! The best way to improve and increase your intuition does not involve moving to Tibet and giving up all worldly possessions. The secret is easy: eat, drink, and be merry!-

So first, let’s look at the effect of eating on our intuition. Although the connection might not seem obvious, there is a direct relationship between food and our divine guidance. Think about it, some people call intuition a “gut feeling.” If your gut is bogged down in heavily processed, highly refined foods, it becomes difficult for communication between your body and spirit to occur. Energy that could be used for the transmission of information between your higher self and your body is being chewed up in the process of digestion.

-
My mom used to tell me not to swim right after eating. She was right; I tried it once and I felt terrible. After eating, blood infuses the digestive tract to aid in the breakdown and absorption of nutrients. Any cardiovascular or muscular exertion will shunt blood from the gut causing the digestion to slow. The result of this diversion of blood away from the abdominal is cramping, bloating, and sometimes constipation.

-
I would like to offer a spiritual guideline reminiscent of that wisdom: never try to discern intuitive information after a big meal. A few months ago I decided that the chocolate animal cookies my daughters were eating looked pretty tasty. The cookies were, in fact, very tasty, and so I dove into the bag. Three dozen hippos, elephants, and tigers later I decided to stop eating before the gorillas were placed on the endangered species list. I looked at the clock and realized I had a session with a client in ten short minutes. Uuuggghhh.
-

Before I begin any intuitive work, I spend a few quiet moments clearing my mind, praying for guidance, and receiving information. As I cleared away the mental chatter, I was immediately aware of a different type of distraction; my stomach hurt. I noticed how full I felt and how distended my belly had become. Suddenly, talking to angels and spirits on the other side seemed like a tall order for my aching body. I wanted to lie down.
-
I completed the session, but I trudged through the conversation. Part of the energy I use to discern spirits had been shunted to my gut, thereby leaving less of my essence open to receiving intuitive guidance. My body had to expend a lot of its force to correct and compensate for my poor dietary choice. It was a double whammy: I felt crummy and my intuition was hampered.
-
Choosing healthy foods allows the body to run with minimal effort, freeing more of our spirit essence to be used by our higher senses. The more life sustaining a food is, the closer to its original source (ie whole foods), the more readily the body accepts and utilizes the energy. Less effort for the body’s metabolic and digestive processes means more fuel for the heart and spirit to receive and process intuitive information. It’s not to say that we have to eat all healthy all the time. Yet, a healthy eating pattern is a beneficial on the levels of mind, body, and spirit. Besides, has your intuition ever guided you to eat a bucket of fried chicken with fries and a coke?
-

Steffany is going to be doing a follow up to this post so please check back. Also, if you would like to visit Steffany's website go here.

Steffany offers readings over the phone and I can personally vouch for her accuracy and authenticity. I was skeptical at first of visiting a psychic medium (not about there being authentic psychic mediums but rather which ones were honest and real and not going to be fake)but am no longer after my personal readings with her. One of the best things that has ever happened to me is having met Steffany and the peace that my readings with her have brought to my life. Thank you Steffany!!!!

14 comments:

  1. I think this makes a lot of sense. My spiritual side has never told me to got to KFC. Its up to me to listen to it though and I might ignore it when it comes to high sugar caffeinated drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do find Solace in Cheezecake n Bacon Sannies butI wanna find Happiness in Sex******

    ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was beautifully put. Your friend Steffany is a wise woman.

    I've never really thought about a connection with food and your connection to hearing mystic experiences. Being a vegetarian I am aware of how food combining affects your digestion (in a positive way) but this left over energy can be focused toward Steffany's line of work.

    Very cool. I will keep an open mind and see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure about the psychic part but I can see the sense behind the eat drink and be merry philosophy in regards to health food. The thing is that I used to eat a lot healthier when I was single but now that I am married, happily so, the diet has changed to suit the family. No big drama as it isn't as bad as it could be.

    My mother also made sure we never went into the water until an hour went by. It's nice to know it wasn't an old wife's tale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am in total agreement with the subject matter of this post. We are all made from the very fabric of the universe. Because of this, we have the ability to tune ourselves into it. Mind, body, and spirit are all capable of zoning into one energy that can "vibrate" in harmony with the natural order of things which will allow us to accomplish everything mentioned in this post and so much more. Like any fine tuned instrument, it can fall into disrepair due to neglect and misuse thus making us fall further "out of tune". Great post. You are so giving by finding treasures like this and sharing them with the rest of us. Thank you. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I am very intuned to the balance between the mind, body, and spirit, and eating the right foods is always a good thing. Mentally, physically, and spiritually.

    peace,
    Mike

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post...so true!

    I learned many years ago what I ate affected how I felt both physically and emotionally, food is the fuel for our body and brain both. If I don't eat well I don't feel the best I can and I'm fully aware of this...unfortunately I have issues with food, so I don't always do what I know is best for my body...and then play the consequences...

    I will check back for Steffany's follow up...

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep. Nothing happens in isolation - everything is connected.

    Listen to your body, your angels and be happy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post. I agree with eat, drink, and be merry. I just wish I eat the right foods and get myself to drink more water. I'm, for the most part, a merry person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your posts they are so varied, uplifting, and informative.

    It is so nice to see that we are moving into a more expansive way of seeing ourselves and the world/s we live in.

    I second David's comment!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is true you know, eating makes you calm. i've heard from a lot of people that during hard times they get bigger too because they tend to eat more. that's their way of having peace of mind instead of thinking of their problems. it's not really escaping but keeping calm i suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  12. "If your gut is bogged down in heavily processed, highly refined foods, it becomes difficult for communication between your body and spirit to occur. Energy that could be used for the transmission of information between your higher self and your body is being chewed up in the process of digestion."....sooooo true!!

    And on top of that the power of your thoughts and emotions influence your health more than some realize - I'm so glad to see more of this information being shared in the blogosphere, and the Universe, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. thanks for leaving a comment about my post:) i appreciate your wisdom in your writing! makes me want to connect more with what i am eating and allowing...

    ReplyDelete
  14. yummmi .... the fulfillment of allowing innards via cerebral enlightenment carry onward a voyage to yer next spontaneous devour'age ..!.. yah.
    juz don't let 'it' muse you into submissive post-torture.
    me nxt victim: the head of ones cauli'nip'conMato, a hybrid concoction :: cauliflower merged with turnip, tomato and a slab of bacon ... bon cardia wake-up!

    ReplyDelete

Fat, Fat I Ain't Down With That! Easy Tips To Revive Your Metabolism!

 I get a little lazy in winter since generally the swimsuit is many months away however this year I am determined to not let the holidays an...